In April 5 Doctor Oz show, Dr. Oz provided an ultimate skin care plan designed specifically for your particular skin type plus the miracle anti aging recipes to look younger and boost your energy. Below are the tips from the show. Ensure that you follow one the the three simple skin care routines based on your skin type and use the best products with Dr. Oz’s tailored skincare routine.
1. The Right Care Routine for Dark Skin
Cleansing: Use a gentle soothing cleanser in the morning and a gentle exfoliating wash at night to help remove dead skin cells.
Morning: Use a glycolic toner, which gently stimulates collagen and breaks up dark patches or spots. This kind of product also controls oil production and breakouts.
Night: Use an over-the-counter retinol treatment, rather than a prescription-strength one, to aid collagen production, prevent hyperpigmentation (age spots), and control excess oil. Then, apply a rich night cream that contains antioxidants, peptides, and/or ceramides to hydrate and help reduce sagging.
2. The Right Care Routine for Olive Skin
Cleansing: Use a gentle cleanser once in the morning to remove what little residue is left from the product you applied at bedtime. At night you can use a foaming cleanser. Thoroughly cleanse to make sure you get rid of any excess sebum and makeup.
Morning: Fight hyperpigmentation with an antioxidant product, such as a vitamin C serum. Those containing up to 15% vitamin C are best for really penetrating the skin to fight free radicals and treat dark under eye circles. Vitamin C serum is important since no sunscreen can completely block out sun rays.
Night: To help fight blotchy skin and age spots, choose a skin-lightening agent that’s hydroquinone-free and contains retinol, to aid in the turnover of new skin cells.
3. The Right Care Routine for Fair Skin
Cleansing: If you have fair skin, you want to stick to the basics. Use a very gentle cleanser in the morning to keep skin soft and prevent stripping it of moisture. At night, use gentle makeup removing wipes.
AM: Apply a lightweight moisturizer with at least SPF 30 before putting your makeup on to protect your skin throughout the day.
PM: Your evening routine is a good time to refresh the skin and replace antioxidants that may have depleted throughout the day. Try an over-the-counter light retinol product to help firm and get rid of fine lines. For those with sensitive skin, start by using it twice per week. Follow up with a rich, heavy moisturizing cream.
Anti-aging Miracle: Schizandra Berry
If you want to look younger, feel more energized, and boost your brainpower, try the schizandra berry, a traditional Chinese herb medicine for over 3000 years. How schizandra berry can help you?
1. Younger Skin: The schizandra berry contains powerful antioxidant properties that work to rejuvenate skin by protecting the lipid membrane in skin cells. Plus, its anti-inflammatory qualities help to reduce facial redness. Lastly, it detoxifies your liver to rid your body of toxins.
Try using dried schizandra berry to make tea or juice. You can also find it in prepared tea or juice form. Try cutting the strong taste of the juice by mixing it with another juice. Available online and in health stores.
2. Boost Energy: Long-distance athletes have used schizandra to enhance their performance. Schizandra stimulates the nervous system without creating that excitatory effect you get from stimulants such as caffeine. Schizandra helps you stay alert and also creates a stable energy boost so you don’t experience a crash.
To increase energy, drink schizandra tea in the morning instead of coffee.
3. Sharpen Your Memory: Schizandra berry may enhance mental concentration and memory by delivering more oxygen to brain cells. During periods of final exams in China, schizandra berry sells out.
To sharpen your memory, take schizandra berry extract in capsule form. Take 500mg daily. Also available online.
Solaray – Schizandra, 580 mg, 100 capsules
4-in-1 Electric Facial & Body Brush Spa Cleaning System
The Skin Type Solution by Leslie Baumann (Paperback – Dec 26, 2006)
The Youth Equation: Take 10 Years Off Your Face by Jeffrey S. Dover
Links to the Video on The Doctor Oz Show: